This registration is a process of obtaining a license that is issued to the business, professions, and trade registered under the provisions Shop and Establishment act. A shop license is a must if you wish to conduct this sort of business.
The rules of the application might vary throughout the country a bit. However, the vital requirements remain the same. Doing it all by yourself is error-prone and a tedious task. That's where our experts can help you get things done that too without much delay.
Presently we offer a single window package for this service:
- Complete documentation support
- Bank Account Opening
- Help with signages
- Complete liasioning with government offices
The documents required for the registration under Shop and Establishment Act are as following:
- Employer’s identity proof in the form Aadhar Card, PAN Card, Driving License, Voter ID.
- Employer’s passport-sized photograph.
- Photo of the Establishment or Shop.
- Copy of Rent Agreement or Lease Deed in case of rented property.
- Any Utility Bill in the form of Electricity Bill, Water Tax Receipt of the working premises. However, the said utility bill should not be two months older.
Other documents needed as per the concerned business or establishment or business are as following:
- In the case of a Trust, a list of the number of Trustees.
- Memorandum of Association (MOA).
- In case of a Co-operative Society, a list of number of Members and Chairman.
- In case of a Partnership, Partnership deed with all the vital information regarding the firm’s name, name, and signature of all the partners along with the share percentage of each partner.
- A copy of the permission granted by RBI.
- copy of the Certificate of Incorporation (COI) issued under the Companies Act, 2013.
- A copy of the COR (Certificate of Registration) granted by the Charity Commissioner.
- A Resolution showing the list of Designated Directors.
- A Resolution concerning the commencement of the society’s business.
- RTO Transportation Permit.
- FSSAI license.
- Drug license.
- A copy of the permission granted by the collector.
- NOC (No-Objection Certificate) issued by the Police Department for the opening of a Cybercafe.
- IEC (Import Export Code) certificate.
- NOC (No-Objection Certificate) issued by the Municipal Corporation for the opening of a Flour and Masala Mill.
- Excise License required for the opening of a beer bar, restaurant or a wine shop.
- A Certificate issued by the SEBI (Securities Exchange Board of India) to the Share Broker.
- License issued by the Police Department for the opening of Security Services.
Every state has a labour department website in which online registration form is available along with the instructions.
Firstly, you have to download the registration form from the official website of the respective state for further process.
In the next step, the owner of the business must fill all the necessary details asked. The details include the following listed:
- Name of the Proposed Shop and Establishment
- The Name and Details of the concerned employer
- Name and Details of al the Employees working at that time
- Address proof of the Registered Establishment together with the NOC (No-Objection Certificate) or the Rent Agreement
- PAN card details of the concerned employer
Upload all the required documents after filling the application form. In some state, documents along with the printout of application form needs to be submitted physically.
Fee varies as per business and license type.
Subsequently, the labour department will examine your application. Sometimes, an inspector is appointed to carry out the inspection of your business premises.
After examination of your application, authorities will approve your application and grant a license with a validity of 1 year.
The things that must be taken into consideration while applying for the Shop and Establishment Registration are as follows:
- The Inspector appointed can visit the registered premises for verification.
- Additionally, the Owner of the business must display the certificate of the Shop and Establishment Registration at a place easily accessible in the particular premises.
- The License issued must be timely renewed prior to its expiry date.
- If in case the owner wants to close his establishment, then he needs to notify the inspector in writing about the closure within 15 days of the closing.
- Despite the Shop and Establishment License, the owner of the proposed business is also required to obtain prior approval from the respective state Department of Labour for the commencement of the business activities in that state.